Monday, December 12, 2016

Mission Week 2: The first email!

Heyyyyyyyy!!!!

I can not tell you how long I have been waiting for this day! I only have 45 minutes which kills me but I will write as much as i can today and then again about this time next Friday! 

Thank you for all of your emails and awesome notes! I am the only one in the MTC who had mail right when they got here so thank you soooooo  much! It means so much to me! 

I apologize for how random this letter is going to be because there is so much I want to say and not a whole lot of time to do so I will try to write as much and as fast as I can.

My first week/ first week and a half here in Brazil has been soooo crazy! Like seriously so wild! 

My first official day at the CTM was a good day but so long- haha my companions are Riley Robertson from Virginia and Oaklee Pyfer from Colorado.

The first day we got in from the airport late from the delay so we got to bed around 2:30am brazil time and I accidently set the alarm wrong so we woke up at 5;45! hahaha it was really not funny but good to be up and get ready for the day. Here in Brazil, breakfast is basically exactly the same everyday- they eat ham and cheese sandwiches!!! hahaha and fruit and fresh breads which are awesome. 

Lunch is the biggest meal of the day with the most options but it´s still mostly just bread, fruit , rice, and some sort of meat. Dinner is always small and usually has an interesting selection of meats. for example the first night was Brazilian pizza which had an assortment of meats on it, including tuna---yes, grandma and grandpa H- there was tuna on it and I saw it before it ever reached my plate hahahaha- but anyways the food isn't my favorite but the fruit and bread is incredible!!!!! So, that's good- also its a Brazilian custom here to get snacks every night called lanche and its a great way to end the day.

I ALREADY LOVE THE BRAZILLIAN PEOPLE--- The natives and South Americans here are soooo nice! They speak really fast to us but think we speak way faster when we are speaking in English haha. They are always so willing to help us practice Portuguese and are always encouraging us. they take pride in their language which is truly beautiful to see. I love that these wonderful people never complain about anything- they are so positive and happy all the time and love to talk and share experiences with us. their enthusiasm for life and even the small simple things makes me feel happy and blessed to be in their country and to be doing God's work here.

The Brazilians love to party and joke around and are always making jokes about American music and my last name- they always meet me and talk for hours about the boxer Mike Tyson which is funny for them hahaha- they love to sing Adele and Phil Collins to us and talk about Netflix like Allie's shows- Flash and Arrow!!! hahaha 

I know I am jumping from one thing to the other and I know I am going to run out of time before I can even scratch the surface of all the things I want to tell you guys but I'll tell the coolest experience that has happened right now so that i know it will make it to your screens today!!

Okay so on Tuesday- Dec 6th- I was having a rough morning missing all of you and having serious withdrawals from you guys hahaha not a big deal but just was kind of down- and the night before, my companion lost her water bottle during physical activity time and we went down to the lost and found office right after breakfast and personal study time. When we got to Sister Snyder's office where the lost and found is kept, they told us that no one had turned it in but then a MIRACLE HAPPENED. All of the sudden someone called my name- SISTER TYSON, SISTER TYSON!!! I turned around and there was a short new Elder standing there. the next thing he said was in Spanish---he said SISTER TYSON- I KNOW YOUR BROTHER- I SERVED WITH HIM IN SPAIN!!! And of course, I understood hermano and burst into tears!!! He went on to explain that he is from Spain and was called to serve in Brazil but was waiting for a visa so they sent him to Kade's area for a transfer and Kade was his ZONE LEADER!!!!!!!!!!! I was literally freaking out!!! I could not stop crying and thanking him for telling me that and finding me. even though we couldn't understand each other fully, we both couldn't help but smile and I could feel the Spirit so strong in that moment. Elder Gomez- Gometh in Spain Spanish hahaha- said he has just been with Kade two days prior and that Kade had heard that he was getting sent off to the Brazil CTM (MTC) and asked Elder Gomez to take a note from him to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was literally sobbing!! Sister Snyder and Elder Snyder supervise the CTM here and are from Provo. Sister Snyder put together what had just happened in front of her and she found out Kade was my twin brother she cried too and told her husband to take a picture of me and Elder Gomez to send to Kade and you guys!!! I can't send pictures from the CTM because they won't let us but as soon as Elder Snyder sends me the picture of us I will send it to you guys!!!! it was amazing!!! Elder Gomez gave me the note and Kade literally had it in his hands two days before it got to mine! I was a happy, emotional wreck. I was so grateful to know that even in Brazil- a very foreign place in every way- that Heavenly Father reminded me that he is always with me. The tender mercies of the Lord are incredible and even though I am so tired and miss you all sooooooooo much, I know that Heavenly Father is watching me and cares about each of us. It took everything I had in me not to break a mission rule and hug Elder Gomez for doing this for Kade and me. Such a special moment! please make sure Kade hears this story-- I don't have much time to write to him individually or anyone individually. I am so blessed with such great siblings!

Mom- know that I email every Friday for 45minutes and that I will have 30 minutes on Christmas day to talk to you guys on the phone. I seriously cant wait for that!!!!!! It's not a lot of time but I miss you so much that I'll take what I can get. hahaha

This week we got two Brazilian roommates who speak only a little bit of English-- they are helping us with the language which is good but PORTUGUESE IS SUPER HARD! I find myself wanting to slip into the little Spanish I know.

I know that the Lord wants me to be here and is with me always!! I know the church is true and that I am excited to serve Him and teach these wonderful Brazilian people in Portuguese!!!!! I love life and cant wait to read all of your emails and hear how you all are doing!!!!

TE AMO, TE AMO!!

Sister Tyson

No comments:

Post a Comment