Friday, May 19, 2017

Mission Week 20: April 17, 2017-Easter

April 17, 2017

Also, this week was a bit challenging with the holiday- it was hard to meet with our investigators and even harder to find people to teach and bring to church- because of the holiday, many people were drinking and partying all day and so we had to be a bit more creative with our tracting this week. We worked hard which is all that counts! I am happy and trying to keep my companion from getting discouraged. 

N.- our investigator- was supposed to be baptized on Saturday, but when we met with her on Friday she said that she still didn't feel like it was her time....we asked her if she had more doubts and she said no that she felt like she had learned everything but is just waiting to know that it is her time for sure and she wants to make a few changes in her life before she feels totally ready. We had a really good conversation with her and I lead the conversation this time- I felt prompted to tell her that we love her and want her to feel prepared to make this important covenant with her Heavenly Father. We also told her that it is important for her to start being better at keeping her commitments that we leave for her. She agreed to start reading, praying, and pondering more fervently. I am happy about this because it will be easy for her to feel and recognize her answer this way!

 I know N. has a testimony, we just need to help her feel Christs love- I am reminded of the worth of each soul in the sight of Heavenly Father- D&C 18:10- I am reminded that as missionaries- yeah, part of our purpose is to baptize and confirm, but our PURPOSE IS TO INVITE ALSO; INVITE OTHERS TO COME UNTO CHRIST AND TO LEARN THAT HE LIVES AND LOVES THEM!

When our investigators- or anyone feels the pure love of Christ- CHARITY- THEY WILL HAVE A DEEPER DESIRE TO FOLLOW HIM!  am excited to keep learning more and to keep teaching her! She will get there!!!! 

In the meantime, if you guys have any ideas or advice for me, I will take anything you have! haha

Thank you guys for everything! I am so lucky to have your support and love! I love you sooooo much and am sooooo grateful for a great family and great parents!  am so happy to be here! it is hard, but I know that Heavenly Father is using me as an instrument- I am definitely being fine tuned!!!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment