Friday, May 19, 2017

Mission Week 21-April 24, 2017

April 24, 2017

Hey Mom and Dad,

I wanted to thank you for these updates and for all the pictures of Gunner boy! He is soooo handsome and I love these memories of him!

You are right- we are lucky to have such amazing people in our lives! I, too, have received so many emails this week paying condolences for our family! I am so grateful that the Wilhites and all of you are feeling loved during this difficult time. 

I am taking this pretty hard as well, but I am also surrounded by so many people who are taking good care of me! I am learning so much already through this experience! It is hard, but I am grateful to know that Heavenly Father has a perfect plan. 

On Friday, Presidente and his wife returned from traveling at 2am- they had family coming into town, and yet, they were at my house in Cambé before 10am that morning to see me. They were sooooo kind. I was able to talk to each of them individually and my companion also was able to receive guidance from each of them. 

Presidente cried more than I did when I explained to him how I was feeling. I read to him what I sent you guys about Gunner and Presidente cried like a baby. He reminded me that its okay to not always be strong and that I don't always need to put on a happy face when I am hurting. He cried as he explained the love he heard in Dad's voice as they talked on the phone- He said, "I could feel the love your father (Ryan) has for you when I talked to him the other day- I feel that love for you too as your President and as your father here in Brasil- like your dad, I wish I could take away this sorrow. I know your Heavenly Father loves you even more than your own father and more than I do!" 

He was really sweet- I reminded him of the day his mom died and I was the first missionary to know. I told him that on that day, I didn't know what to say to him to comfort him, and that I was frustrated because I didn't know what to say that could help him. Then, I explained, that now, I understand how he felt when his mom died- and how he couldn't go to see her. I explained that now, I have the opportunity to feel what he feels and what so many others have felt. 





I am grateful for the opportunity to learn and rely on the Saviors Atonement more through this difficult experience- I don't want to learn this lesson, but I know I am here to teach these people about the Savior, His sacrifice, and about the plan that Heavenly Father has for all of his children. 

I will explain more next week and have lots of questions for you guys-- but I just hope everything goes well this week for everyone. 

My heart hurts for the Wilhite's and for everyone, but I am so grateful that we know where to look to find peace!

TOMORROW- we have a zone conference in Londrina which should be fun! I am looking forward to it! 

Please let everyone know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!!! I love you soooo much!
 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment