Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Mission Week 64: February 19, 2018

February 19, 2018

Hey mom and dad---

About the work this week here in planalto...

This week was good--

My mãezona here in the area (the irma that takes such good care of me) had made me that birthday cake and did a party for me but I had to travel her name is "T." and she felt so bad that I wasn't able to make it to my own party that this week she fed us lunch on Wednesday and did a surprise party for me again!!!  She bought me a beautiful cake and candles (SPARKLERS- LIKE THE FOURTH OF JULY WHICH IS STILL MY FAVORITE!!)!! She was sooooo sweet!! I love her sooo much!! It made my heart happy! She added mom on FB this week-- check her out. 







Oh and this week I spent a day in the ER... I got way sick this week and ended up doing blood and urine tests in the hospital on Thursday-- I was throwing up and was so tired.. I didn't want to eat... I thought it was because I am low on iron...but Sister Pereira sent me in to test everything--- SHE WAS SOOO STRESSED ABOUT IT THIS WEEK POOR GIRL- and I was put on a IV... it wasn't a big deal- its a pretty normal thing here in Brazil but anyways the doctor said that I am dehydrated...even though everyone here teases me that I don't go anywhere without my water bottle! haha He also said that indeed my iron was low.... I received a blessing from the branch pres and am feeling better now... a little stressed but doing well!!!! No worries!!

SATURDAY MORNING WE BAPTIZED OUR GOLDEN BOY- T. 31 YEARS OLD!!! SUCH A HAPPY DAY! HE IS GREAT AND SERIOUSLY HAS SOOO MUCH FAITH! THE LORD IS GOOD AND BLESSED US WITH SUCH AN AWESOME CONVERT! HE WILL RECEIVE THE PRIESTHOOD NEXT SUNDAY!!! HE IS SO HAPPY AND IS DOING WONDERFUL!

Also, we confirmed 4 people this week!! We were running around on Saturday and Sunday to find all of the people who weren't confirmed yet and we were so happy that it worked out to confirm more people! Great people and great youth who now have the Holy Ghost! Our goals as Sister Training Leaders are being reached so we are happy campers this week! Our mission baptized a ton this week and are maintaining our place as the #1 baptizing mission in the southern region on Brazil!!! We are in third place in the entire country!!! Sooooo exciting!!!

We did a fast as leaders in the mission- Pres called us to ask us to fast and it was great! This week was a great week in the mission with lots of great successes! And then we felt inspired to do a fast with the companionships who we lead- the sisters were great and the fast really gave us the strength to meet our goals for the week. My testimony was strengthen that fasting really does allow God to work miracles. He loves us and gives us strength when we are willing to sacrifice for Him- it is sooooo hot, so going without water here is extremely difficult, but we were blessed because of our willingness to follow our leaders and put our faith in Christ. I thought a lot about how Christ went 40 days and nights fasting in the hot sun- and how much I want water when we are working in the hot sun, but its amazing how much God strengthens us when we do our part. GREAT EXPERIENCE!

We did a ward activity on Saturday night- lots of hot dogs and lots of little kids! It was chaotic but we had a great turn out and it was a fun night- lots of recent converts and investigators too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment