Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Mission Week 9: Happy Birthday Sister Tyson!

Okay, so this week was another crazyyyyy week for me!
So on Monday- the president came and put me with sister Penni- the sister training leader and we stayed in the same area and house with my other trainer and her new comp- things were awesome! Sister Penni knew I was missing you guys a lot because of my birthday and everything and when I told her about our family tradition with meals on birthdays and how Kade wanted pancakes and iIwished for Olive Garden- she said that because she couldn't give me Olive Garden, that she wanted to make me pancakes! And she did!!!! All by scratch- just because she is sweet and wanted to keep the family tradition alive!! Sooooo sweet!
Then the next day, we got all my stuff settled again in the apartment and started working on my training again- we studied together and she explained that we would catch up on all of the things i needed to learn to pass of to the zone leaders.  Then she helped me learn how to invite people to baptism because the next day- Tuesday- we were going to teach W. and C. and their daughters- a family that Penni and her other comp had started teaching the week before-. I was relieved that Sister Penni only asked me to focus on a few things for this lesson. Penni speaks amazing Portuguese and was also teaching me soooo much about tricks to the language. She is amazing!
Then on Tuesday, after preparing on Monday night, we went to teach W. and his family with some members from our ward. Penni and the members taught the family about the plan of salvation and we read a chapter with them in the Book of Mormon. It is awesome because W. is in his 40s and reads the Book of Mormon like a Harry Potter book!!! I know he is already being prepared for big things in the church!!! He barely got the Book of Mormon 2 week ago, and already is almost through 1st Nephi! His excitement and understanding is awesome! As Penni was trying to explain the Plan of Salvation, he was adding things and explaining things and he has never received the discussions before!! TENDER MERCIES!!! Then, Penni looked at me, and I was feeling it too... and I asked W. and his family if they would be baptized!!! All in Portuguese!!!! And he understood! He replied, "COM CERTEZA", WHICH MEANS, "WITH CERTAINTY"- HE DIDN'T EVEN HESITATE!!!!! I was sooooo excited! William and Neia need to be married first and quit smoking but i just know they are prepared and I felt so happy to be a part of it! They have a daughter that is Allie's age and I loved sitting by her helping her open the Book of Mormon and seeing her face light up when we explain how Heavenly Father feels about her! Soooooo special!!!
My feet were hurting, but I have kept working! I was just really motivated and excited so I pushed through! But, on Wednesday, Presidente sent me into a dermatologist to check my feet.... I wasn't super excited but we went.  She said that the skin is really thin and that if I keep walking I will get an infection- the skin needs to heal- because the blisters dry during the night and because we walk in the rain during the day and the heat, the skin keeps getting more thin- she prescribed creams and 10 DAYS OF REST! I AM DEVASTATED AT THIS POINT... HAHA...
So, Sister Penni told President and he called me in---- and President explained that there is another sister, Sister Santana that is having issues with her knees, she can't work.  He said  because I need to take a few days to let my feet heal and Sister Santana- the Brazilian sister with knee problems needs to stay home too, that he would rather have two missionaries stay home and two work than have 4 stay home...... it makes sense.... but.... long story short---- President changed me again! I am in a new area, only ten minutes from the last one, with a new comp, and new house!!!! President said that it was only a temporary change, not an official transfer, and that he felt terrible that all of these things are happening to a new missionary. He said that he can't make any promises, but I hope he puts me back with Sister Penni to finish my training after this transfer ends! I love Penni and loved that ward already- plus I want to see W. and his family get baptized---- President said I can call Penni anytime and if they get baptized in the next few weeks, I can go, because I am soooo close.

I am a little discouraged and overwhelmed right now, but I'm doing okay. The transfer ends on Feb 20th.
 
We went to church yesterday and the bishop asked me to get up  and introduce myself and share my testimony to the ward yesterday in the new ward--- even though he knows I'm new to the mission field. haha I was nervous but felt good about my Portuguese! Everyone is super nice and say I understand and speak a lot more than normal.... Then my comp and I sang with the 5 young women in the ward during sacrament meeting which was soooo cute!
 

Sister Tyson & Sister Santana

Sister Tyson & Sister Penni
 

No comments:

Post a Comment