Sunday, April 9, 2017

Mission Week 16: March 20, 2017

HEY MY FOLKS!

I am extremely happy to know that Allie girl is staying busy but that she has so many fun and exciting things going on! I wish I could be there to help drive her around, stay up late thinking about ideas for her election and interview, and just being there to cheer her on! She is seriously amazing and I love that she has always been someone who takes so much on and still maintains her friendly, funny, happy self! I admire her so much and just know that she is doing amazing things!

So glad you all have been spending time together and dancing in the house to all my favorites! Sister Penni and I always joke that when she gets to Utah this fall to go to BYU, that she is already going to be hanging out with you guys before I even get home! You guys would seriously love PENNI! She is LITERALLY MY BEST FRIEND-- BESIDES mom, dad, Zach, Kade, and ALLIE! HAHAHA I'm sure she would love an email from you guys if you get a chance--- megan.penni@myldsmail.net--- she has literally changed the course of my mission and I am sooo grateful for her!

C. WAS SO EXCITED TO TELL ME ABOUT HOW SHE SENT PICTURES TO YOU---- did you guys use google translate??? hahaha I love them soooo much! We havent been able to visit them for awhile because we havent been in our own area very much, but yesterday their little son saw me at church and would not let go of my leg the whole day! he calls me "familia" and is pretty attached! Sooooo cute!


THIS WEEK WAS ANOTHER BUSY ONE FOR SISTER PENNI AND I!

We did divisions in Arapongas from Monday to Wednesday--- it was awesome! We divided with two sets of sisters and did some training with them--- Penni trained and I went with the other companions and just tried to boost their spirits! hahaha needless to say.. I had some good talks with them and had them laughing all day---- hahahahaha I might not be as funny as I think I am, but they sure boosted my confidence! LOL! 

We taught one of her investigators the plan of salvation- His name was J. and he has been through many tragedies lately- he lost his father 4 months ago and has had problems with his own health and his wife's as well- and so he has been really curious about the plan that God has for us. When we first arrived at his house- he brought chairs out to the front yard for us and welcomed us to share the message with him. Sister G and I had not discussed before hand who would teach which part of the lesson but we both knew that we would teach the plan of salvation to him. I could tell in his eyes that he was in a lot of pain emotionally---even though I didn't know this man- and I wasn't even in my own area- I automatically felt so much love for him and pain for the pain that he was obviously experiencing. In that moment, I prayed in my heart to know what Heavenly Father would have me say to comfort this man. My answer came as soon as we started the lesson-- I said- J., Eu não conheco de voce ainda- mas Eu ja sei que Deus ama voce e sua familia e que Ele tem un plano para voce. Ele sabe o que voce esta sentido agora e Ele não vai deixar voce solzinho. (I don't know you yet, but I know that God loves you and your family and that he has a plan for you. He knows what you are feeling right now and He will not leave you alone.) 

I know that those words only came from our Heavenly Father- the words were simple, but I could feel the spirit so strong. I don't know if we helped J. this week- but I know Heavenly Father helped me! He is constantly teaching me to rely on him and not my own abilities-- I know that if I try to rely on just myself, I will get nowhere- but with Heavenly Father I can go ANYWHERE!!!

I know that Heavenly Father protects his missionaries and loves us soooo much! I know that where much is given, much is required-- and I feel so blessed in my life and blessed with the opportunity to share what I know to be true!

No comments:

Post a Comment