Monday, September 25, 2017

Mission Week 42: September 18, 2017

September 18, 2017

I'M A TRAINER AGAIN!!!!

MY DAUGHTER... Sister Carly Alston ----(the sister I'm training) is AMERICAN! SHE IS FROM OREM, UTAH! SHE WENT TO TIMPANOGOS HIGH SCHOOL AND HAS TWO OLDER SISTERS- SHE IS THE FIRST MISSIONARY IN HER FAMILY TO SERVE BESIDES HER DAD. 

She went to the University of Utah for one year and now she is here with me! She is so great and is already learning fast! She is so cute and I love her so much! We have soooo many things in common and I just love her and am so blessed to have her as my daughter in the mission!
I was not expecting to get an American trainee!! Only 2 foreigners arrived- one American and one Mexican sister and Sister Bott and I, with the least amount of time in the mission got the two foreigners to train!!!!!!!! WE ARE SOOOO HAPPY!


I DIDN'T THINK I WOULD TRAIN AN AMERICAN! Especially cause I'm considered such a young trainer and because of the language, but right when I saw Sister Alston, I felt that she was my daughter!!! She is wonderful and we are soooo happy!! She is so willing to try and is so easy going!!!
This was a crazy but good first week back in Bauru. the members freaked out when they heard that I was coming back and we already have family nights marked for every single night this upcoming week and into next week because the members are so anxious to have us over and are excited to bring friends that aren't members yet! We are soooo excited! Sister Alston is working on understanding me and the Brazilians which is totally normal, but we are doing lots of language practices andI'm trying to slow down a little bit so that she can understand me a bit more easily. She is so determined and so willing to work! Sooooo great!
The training day is so fun! On Monday night, I traveled from Maringa with Sister Trindade because she was also called in to train and we slept in Cambe with Sister Bott!! It was so fun! Then we all got up super early and went into Londrina to have training with Presidente and then we all met the new missionaries. we all got to great all of the new missionaries and in that moment, I felt like Sister Alston was meant to be my daughter in the mission...I didn't get my hopes up...because I still didn't know....its always a surprise for the new missionary and the trainer that day..but I felt so strongly that she was sent here for me!!

Then, we heard some more trainings from Presidente and then the AP's put up a big PowerPoint slideshow of everyone of the new missionaries one by one with their trainer and area. and then they new missionary and the trainer jump up and run to hug each other! I was so nervous to see who would be my trainee and hoping that it would be Sister Alston....she hadn't left my side since she got to the mission office and so I felt like maybe she was hoping to be with me too. when it was officially announced, Sister Bott and I were in shock that we were the youngest trainers and that we were being trusted with the only two foreigners!!! That means that we will have to help teach the language, culture, everything from scratch! What an awesome privilege and opportunity to learn!!!

After that, Sister Alston and I were on cloud nine and Presidente knew it...hahaha we all went to Presidente's house and had lunch and took tons of pictures and then Presidente did some more trainings! 

After, we went to the bus station and rode 5 hours to Bauru-- got here about midnight and R. and V. and the Elders picked us up there at the bus station in Bauru...we were EXHAUSTED but so happy to be able to rest!!!

Sisters Alston & Tyson

Sisters Tyson & Bott

Sister Tyson & Sister Pereira




N. is so great and I was so anxious to get back to her! SHE FREAKED OUT WHEN SHE SAW ME WALK INTO HER HOUSE! MY HEART MELTED! and Sister Alston afterwards said, "I never want to leave the mission! now I understand why you always tell me that you love being a missionary! It's because of kids like her, isn't it??? 18 months isn't long enough!" Soooo cute! 

Shes right, and I do always tell her that I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!

No comments:

Post a Comment