Sunday, March 5, 2017

Mission Week 12: Goodbye Sister Santana...hello again Sister Penni1

February 20, 2017

This week I studied a lot about Christlike attributes in PMG-- specifically about Faith, Hope, and Patience which are just 3 of the attributes I am trying to develop right now--- I love how all of the attributes are linked together somehow, its amazing to study about them and try to better ourselves everyday. I am so grateful for this time that the Lord has given me to get to know him more and spend time focusing on developing these attributes!! It is such a blessing!! I want you guys to check out in Preach My Gospel under the attribute Patience- the part that says activity: personal study- and read those scriptures and talk about it together! I think you guys will really like it! It sure has helped me as a missionary!!! I am excited to work and hopefully experience some of the cool miracles that the Sons of Mosiah experienced!

Also--THIS WEEK AND ALWAYS----HAPPINESS IS A CHOICE!!!! 

This is such an amazing lesson that i have been learning so much more on my mission!!! Everyday, we all have the opportunity, despite our challenges, trials, grief, and circumstances, to choose to be happy!!! 

I studied about happiness and joy in the scriptures this week under the section called Joy in the guide to the scriptures- I love that joy is linked with obedience- that when we are obedient to the Lord's commandments, we will be happy! We are still going to have challenges and trials, but Heavenly Father will bless us so much!! 

Happiness is a choice we have to make everyday--- we cant control everything- the choices of others, our circumstances, the will of GOD, but we can control ourselves-- Dad always told me when I would get frustrated or question why bad things happen that we can only control how we choose to react to situations- we cannot control others, and the more we try to control everything the more unhappy we become. It's soooo true!! Everyday so far on the mission, I have noticed the difference in my day when I wake up and say- "Sister Tyson, you will be happy today and you will look for all of the good things today"- it seriously makes a difference and my day is always happy when i start the day by CHOOSING to make it awesome!!! 

Like Nephi asked his brothers when they murmured in the wilderness, "HAVE WE NOT REASON TO REJOICE???" I LOVE THAT! I TRY TO ASK MYSELF THIS EVERYDAY! I know that we always have a reason to rejoice despite our challenges--- I am definitely not perfect, but I am definitely trying to become more like my Savior in searching for all the tender mercies in my life. 

I know and have a stronger testimony now, than ever before, that WE ALWAYS HAVE A REASON TO BE HAPPY!! If we cant find a reason- we need to pray and ask- not just so Heavenly Father will give us a reason, but to RECOGNIZE everything he has done for us! I AM SO GRATEFUL!!! 1 Nephi 1:20 
 
Sister Santana has left.  President called us on Friday night and told us to meet him in the mission office because Sister Santana would leave the next morning! She was planning on leaving Tuesday (tomorrow), but the Church health department called and wanted to send her early!! It was crazy!! We stayed at the mission office for awhile on Friday night while Sister Santana talked with President and prepared to leave--- I sat in the office with the AP's- awesome guys-- and got the Valentine's letters from Allie and mom and G-ma!!! I read all the jokes to the Elders and one of the American elders helped me translate the v-day jokes from mom to the Brazilian elders! 

SISTER PENNI WILL BE MY NEW COMPANION--- AGAIN AND SHE WILL COME TO LEONOR TO WORK WITH ME THIS TRANSFER! WE ARE BOTH SOOOO EXCITED! SERIOUSLY WE ARE BESTIES ALREADY AND I AM BEYOND GRATEFUL TO BE ABLE TO WORK WITH AND LEARN FROM HER AGAIN!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment