Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Mission Week 70: Happy Easter & General Conference!

April 2, 2018

HAPPY EASTER AND HAPPY CONFERENCE WEEKEND TO ALL!
Thank you so much for this email and for all of these great updates- so happy to hear that your week and weekend was great! I love the pictures of everyone at Gunner's grave and all of the Easter fun-- Allie's hair is still gorgeous... I need to get to a salon fast!!! hahaha but soooo happy to hear these updates!
I CRIED WHEN ELDER SOARES WAS SUSTAINED AS AN APOSTLE OF GOD! I BURST INTO TEARS AS WELL AS MANY OF THE OTHERS PRESENT WITH US AT THE STAKE CENTER! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BLESSING AND BEAUTIFUL BRAZILLIAN ACCENT THAT I WILL LOVE TO HEAR FOR YEARS TO COME AS HE SPEAKS TO THE CHURCH!! I LOVE THAT HIS SUSTAINING IS A SIGN THAT THE WORK IS MOVING FORWARD HERE IN MY BELOVED BRAZIL!!!! SOOOO BEAUTIFUL! 

Conference was beautiful! I loved the solemn assembly!!! So incredible!!! I got goosebumps immediately when President Nelson opened his mouth at the pulpit for the first time as the new prophet of God and I loved his talk about revelation! He is truly the mouth piece of God! I was stunned by how fast he walked as he entered into the Conference Center as well!!! wow--- he will live forever! hahaha
I watched all four sessions at the stake center with lots of treats that the members gave us and i watched all in Portuguese this time! It is so weird that I have been serving so long that it was my 3rd General Conference in the mission! haha but I loved it and felt sooooo happy this weekend!
Yesterday we had an Easter lunch with members before the Conference- and they went all out-- rice, beans, lasagna, baked chicken and potatoes, and yummy deserts!!!! And then they made us Easter bags full of candy to eat at the conference! a family super humble but so kind!!!!! All four of us sisters got all done up for the conference! Soooo fun!
This week I was doing my divisions in Bauru Centro again-- and I had to do it alone as the only Sister Training Leader-- but I took Sister Correa with me to divide with the younger sister! We were able to help that companionship baptize on the day of the division! The first baptism of the new sister since she got into the mission!!!! We baptized on a Wednesday night!!! Sooooo incredible to see the Lord work miracles!!!
I was able to visit R.- a less active young adult who I reactivated in Bauru Centro when I was serving and I was able to visit N. and her family for the last time as well and I sobbed as I hugged her and told her that I loved her--- she was sooo sweet as she cried and said, "it's okay Sister Tyson, you are my sister and whenever I get sad, I remember what you taught me to do- I close my eyes, cry a little bit, and say a prayer- and Jesus always brings you back to me." I LOST IT! I LOVE THAT LITTLE 10 YEAR OLD GIRL AND HOPE THAT SHE ALWAYS STAYS TRUE TO THE THINGS THAT WE WERE BLESSED TO TEACH HER.... SUCH A BEAUTIFUL MOMENT!!!
Then RO., V, and other great members in Bauru took us all to a Pizzaria to celebrate my mission and the sisters first baptism!! Soooo great! I love all of these wonderful people!!!!!




Then, on Friday, we went back to my area in Prudente and baptized four people!!!! It was such a miracle!!! We were blessed to baptize MC who is 15 and a friend of the young women in the ward--- a man named M who was so excited to be baptized, D who has been coming to church for a few weeks now and finally made the decision to follow Christ, and A. who is the sister in law of Irma T.  who is my missionary mom who takes care of me here in my area!!!! Soooooo much happiness and so many prayers of gratitude this week!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment