Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Mission Week 71: April 9, 2018

April 9, 2018

I WAS TRANSFERRED TO MARINGÁ TO BE THE SISTER TRAINING LEADER THERE! SISTER TEIXEIRA WILL BE MY COMPANION AGAIN!!! AND I WILL SEE THE GREAT WATERFALLS IN FOZ DO IGUAÇU!!!!! PRESIDENTE CALLED ME AND WILL LET ME GO THERE!!! I WILL GET TO DO DIVISIONS WITH SISTER BOTT AND SISTER ALSTON- I'M THEIR STL!!!!

 THIS WEEK WE BAPTIZED A CUTE LADY NAMED B. AND IT WAS SOOOO WONDERFUL!!!! SHE LOST HER HUSBAND 3 WEEKS AGO AND WE WERE ABLE TO FIND HER, TEACH HER, AND BAPTIZE HER THIS WEEK!! SHE IS SOOOOO HAPPY AND WAS BEAMING ON SATURDAY AT HER BAPTISM!!!

After the baptism, we had our activity for the branch and we did a really fun activity with ice cream at the end and it was a blast!! I was so glad it turned out well!
I traveled to do emergency divisions by myself this week to resolve housing contracts and to work with realtors in other areas to help Presidente sign contracts- I was the official representative with all of the paperwork--- it was chaotic and I got way stressed out this week, but it worked out great and I was able to really learn more about how important it is to rely on the Lord- he cares about even the smallest details in our lives and hears even our simplest cries for help! There were soooo many angels in my life this week! I can't wait to tell you lots of the great stories that are too long to write here and that will be much more touching to tell you all in person next month!!! SOOOO GRATEFUL!
I also went to Tupã again to do divisions last minute- i felt strongly that I needed to leave my own area again to go there to help the sisters with the work- it turned out to be a great and much needed division- I was able to learn lots and receive guidance from Heavenly Father. I love these sisters and love the chance that I have to serve them and learn from them.
T.- my recent convert-- shared his testimony yesterday in our sacrament meeting and we all cried- he shared his conversion story and about how 2 sisters changed his life by bringing the gospel to him. He talked about how he had been praying to God just like Joseph Smith prayed in order to find the truth- and God sent Sister Pinheiro and I to his street to knock doors... such a beautiful way to end my time in Planalto--- seeing my recent converts sharing their testimonies at the pulpit!! I am so grateful and sooooo humbled!!! I've been a teary wreck this weekend!

I will go to Londrina today- I'll get there at 4:30 and then meet up with Sister Teixeira- I will stay in Londrina until Wednesday night and then head to Maringá- because we have a leadership council on Wednesday morning with Presidente--- my last leadership council!!!!
 
I AM SO IN LOVE WITH BEING A MISSIONARY!!! I couldn't be more happy!!!
Thank you for your support and for your weekly love! You are both in my prayers and I am so grateful for you both! Thanks for the wonderful updates! Send my love to all!
I know that Christ lives and that He loves us- and that Heavenly Father is in the smallest details of our lives- I am so grateful for these beautiful moments and months here in this beautiful country and for everything I have learned and will learn! I will always be indebted to you both and to my Heavenly Father for giving me courage to do this! This mission is by far the hardest thing I've ever been through but if I could serve 18 more months, I'd start tomorrow!! With that being said, I cant wait to sleep between you both on may 17th!!!! hahahaha love you so much!
Thanks for everything! You are all in my prayers! Have a great week!
xoxoxo
-Sister Tyson

Sister Tyson & Sister Correa






No comments:

Post a Comment