Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Mission Week 51: November 20, 2017-Happy Thanksgiving

November 20, 2017

We had two more baptisms this week! J. baptized his 18 year old sister T!



Elder Rasband just came to do a devotional but the stake will officially be split this weekend on the 26---

He was wonderful and spoke about 3 Nephi 11 when Christ visits the Americas- he talked about how there were so many people there but Christ took the time and showed love to each one- one by one- blessing the children- he talked about how Christ ministered... He could have just blessed the multitude all at once, but no- He took each person in his arms and blessed them. He spoke about how we need to be more like Him in blessing the lives of others- one by one- that we need to give more thought and more love to the individual. I WAS OBSESSED WITH HIS TALK! He and his wife has translators- but it was cool hearing him speak in English and then having it directly translated for the people!
We had an awesome P day with our district here in Cascavel- my district leader is Elder King from Las Vegas- and he will be headed home from his mission at the end of this transfer which will be December 4th--- he is such a great friend of mine and it was fun to have more time chatting with him and playing all of the games that he planned.

We played lots of relay type games-- Brazilians vs the foreigners (we have 3 Brazilian sisters, 2 Brazilian elders, 2 American sisters, 1 American elder, 1 Mexican elder, and 1 Mexican sister in our district- so it was 5 Brazilians against the 3 Americans and 2 Mexicans hahahaha)
It was sooooo fun!!!



This week was wild-- we were running around trying to get everyone ready to be baptized and to invite even more people to be baptized! so many miracles-- it was awesome because we had so many members at the baptisms and so much support!

It was so cool because my first baptism here-J. (21) received the priesthood and baptized his younger sister T (18) this week! It was his first baptism! He is preparing to serve a mission already and is giving us so many references. My heart was so full watching my baptism baptize his own sister!!! was a beautiful moment and really reminded me how wonderful Heavenly Father is!!! I have been a basket case all week just thinking about the beauty of it all!
We are teaching a man named D.- he is the father of a member named P- P is 19 and left to serve her mission in Peru- but after just four months in the field, she had to come home because of problems with her ankle. She has been recovering for the last few months and has been almost cleared to go back to her mission- probably after Christmas. She is so wonderful and has been helping us tons! But anyways- everyone in her family are members except for her dad.

We went there to teach him and he was really receptive which threw P. off--- but we invited him to be baptized and he said that he knows that he needs to but that he is scared. We explained the plan of salvation and how everyone has to be baptized how Christ was in order to live with God and our families forever. I felt a strong impression to ask P. to share her testimony with her dad in that moment. She was emotional and said, "dad, I love you so much, and I want to be with you forever- our whole family will be together and you will be alone without us-- I can't imagine my life in eternity without you, dad-" then she shared about her mission and about the gospel and it was soooo powerful! She, her mom, and dad were all emotional and so were we!!!!! 

Her dad came to watch the baptisms this week and was interviewed by my Zone Leader- Elder Benvenuto;)- and didn't pass the interview but felt the spirit very strongly. We went back yesterday and we told him that there are no coincidences- that his daughter came home from her mission just to see her dad be baptized- and we were able to mark his baptism for this week on the 25th! We are praying that it all works out and that he can let go of his fear and be baptized!!!!! So much hope and happiness for another great week ahead!
 
This year I am grateful for so many things- but most importantly I am thankful to Heavenly Father to be a missionary- I am grateful for His mercy and tender mercies and for the opportunity that I have to share His love with these wonderful people. I love my family and the Lord with all of my heart and now consider the Brazillian people, my people! My heart is overwhelmed with gratitude this year for all of the blessing that i have received. I know that the Lord lives and loves us and that He loves me because He gave me the best parents and family in the world, the best mission and place on earth to serve with some many great people, and the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ to live and share with others! I love you all so much and am so grateful for you!

Have the greatest week and know that I am praying for you always! I hope that you have a great holiday of love and joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment