Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Mission Week 50: November 13, 2017 "Can Brazil get any better?"

November 13, 2017

Bom dia mãe e pai!

This was another great week here in Cascavel!! So much to say!!

I love this ward and my area! I am so happy!

I wanted to tell you first that the baptism for R.- that 15 year old fell through...He is really sweet and we are going to try to help him still. He is such a cutie! 

We were sad that his baptism fell through- we know that he was super excited but man, Satan really annoys me!! Gosh! I just want to punch that guy in the face.... he works fast... and I am trying to work even faster-- LEAVE MY PEOPLE ALONE! SUPER ANNOYING...but we didn't get discouraged... we just kept going hard all week and were able to mark 5 MORE BAPTISM DATES FOR THIS UPCOMING WEEK! WE ARE STOKED!

We taught English again this week! We had three visitors come to learn and we are going to be teaching them the gospel now in their homes! We are thrilled about the turn out! Our class is super dynamic-- hahaha treats, practices, worksheets... you know how I am... the internet house where we email you every week, there is a lady who owns it, and she and her two friends were the visitors at my English class! The internet house lady also said that she can prepare and print anything I need for my class for FREE! #LOVEGOODFRIENDSHIPS #I LOVE TO PRINT THINGS.... HEHEHE #PAPERFANATIC #LIKE MY MAMA

We are so happy! Also- a really awesome return missionary and his wife who also served- young couple- are helping us a ton here! I had the idea to announce my English class on the local radio station here in Cascavel and do some advertising for the church and he loved the idea!!! He went with us and we were marked to speak on the radio next week! It is a religious news channel- small city radio station- but we are going to announce our English class and maybe even teach the restoration over the radio!!!!!!! SOOOO RAD! He (G.) is also going to take us to the local schools so that we can make the announcement as well! I know we will have even more people to teach, provide service, and to baptize because of my class!! yay!

J.- my first baptism here in Cascavel- lives next to R. (our baptism that fell through) and he could tell that we were sad... and so he and his grandma and sister called us into their house and J. went and bought the yummiest pizza ever for us with soda and french fries too!! MIRACLE!! SOOOOO YUMMY AND SOOOO SWEET! WE ARE NOW TEACHING ALL OF J.'S FAMILY! His sister is 18 (we celebrated her birthday yesterday) and her name is T. She is such a gem and we love her. J. received the priesthood yesterday and is anxious to baptize everyone! haha! He even introduced us to his friend O. who will most likely be baptized this weekend! and J. will baptize his friend and his sister!! We are sooo happy and so is he! 
 
J. lost his mom a few years back to cancer. J. lives with his grandma and two siblings. He is such a good man. He is only 21 but is so mature and is helping us so much! He is great- we love his sweet family!

We will baptize A.R. this weekend as well- she is the soon to be bride of a member in our ward- S.- the are an older couple, but super cute and lovey dovey- She is so precious and is praying and learning super well. She is so excited for her baptism on the 18th and her wedding next month! they don't have much money and both have been married before, so we will help with their wedding- we even offered to do her hair and makeup for her wedding next month! haha I HAVE A NAMETAG, BUT I HAVEN'T LOST MY TOUCH FOR GIRLS NIGHT OUT! HAHAHA

Oh, and yesterday, my companion and I gave talks in sacrament meeting... lets just say there wasn't a dry eye... I talked about charity- the pure love of Christ- I explained that if we truly love the Lord, we will have the desire to do His will and bring others into the gospel. I shared how my parents are the best example of charity that i know.

After our talks... the Stake President happened to be there and got up to share his talk and he said that after hearing me say that I gave up seeing my brothers wedding because of my love for the Lord and others that he had to change the topic of his talk... he said that he felt the love I have for my brother and for the Lord just by how he felt the Spirit speak in that moment. He gave a great talk about the atonement of the Savior and about how we need to imagine what it would be like the feel the nail marks in the Savior's hands and to kiss his face- that when we think about doing something hurtful or not inviting someone to come to church with us..etc... we should remember what we would do if the Savior himself was there beside us. THE SPIRIT WAS SOOO STRONG- I really think it was the most powerful sacrament meeting that I have had in my whole mission. HEART IS SO FULL!

The Stake President approached me afterwards thanking us for the work we are doing- he said that he could tell that in just 3 weeks, our ward had completely been changed and then he sent a message to President Pereira....hahahaha.

Last night we had a family home evening at our church- we were super nervous because we had planned it and prepared so much and everyone was saying that this ward hardly ever supports activities....that no one ever comes...but we prayed lots and fasted that we would have a great turn out and even that the members would bring their friends and families too! AND GUESS WHAT?! 80 PEOPLE SHOWED UP- MEMBERS, LESS ACTIVES, OUR RECENT CONVERTS AND 15 NEW INVESTIGATORS THAT THE MEMBERS HAD INVITED!!!!!!!! We were sooo happy! we gave a message about gratitude and everyone shared testimonies, felt the Spirit, and ate yummy food! we've got tons of new families to teach now!!!! Afterwards, the bishop thanked us and told us that we were a miracle to this ward--- he sent a message to Presidente Pereira and said, "Presidente, please leave these sisters here until Sister Tyson goes back to the states!" hahahahahaha
SOOOO HAPPYYYYYYYY!
 
J. and E. showed up with white shirts and ties at church to receive the priesthood! Sooooo cute! And they are both arguing over who will baptize our next converts!! They are soooo great! they are both doing mission prep, learning English- they both want to serve in the states- and are doing visits with the ward mission leader to find more people for us to teach!!! THEY ARE FANTASTIC! They are testifying to people about the gospel already! E. even took our ward mission leader to visit a friend of his yesterday to teach about the gospel and told me about it afterwards--- he said, "Sister Tyson, I said to my friend what you always say to me, 'eu presto meu testemunho de que eu sei....' (I share my testimony that I know...) and I felt like a real missionary!" Hahaha soooo cute! He said that he cried as he promised his friend that if he would read the scriptures and pray, that he could have the strength to stop smoking! When I asked E. how he felt in that moment he said, "Sister Tyson, I felt this warm feeling in my chest- and an overwhelming excitement to teach more people! I don't even know how describe it...." hahaha THE SPIRIT, BUDDY...THE SPIRIT... SOOOOO SWEET!
 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment