Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Mission Week 58: January 8, 2018

January 8, 2018

Hey everyone! Mom and dad!

I missed your faces this week!!! 

This was another good week in the mission! We baptized two young women- (both 12 years old) A. and N.! They are so great! I don't have pictures this week but I will try to send you some if I can! We found them both recently- my first week here in Planalto and they were both baptized and confirmed this week! Both great girls with lots of potential! 

My divisions in Tupã went well and we stayed with them all day on Wed and Thurs- they are good sisters- we did some good training with them and feel like Presidente will be happy to know that they are progressing in obedience and in the work. We had a good experience there and I just love being with the sisters.  It was amazing to do companionship study with these sisters and to have received revelation from Heavenly Father to help them individually. The Lord seriously guided my divisions this week- such a testimony builder of the power of fasting and praying with specific names and areas in mind! The Lord is so merciful! 

We returned to our area on Friday morning and went out to work- we are lucky to have Sister Marshall and Ferreira in our area to help us keep the work going in our area while we travel- we marked more baptisms for this week as well! So exciting! Sister Pinheiro (my comp) isn't feeling great so we talked to Sister Pereira and ended up having to stay inside on Saturday and Sunday (yesterday) to let her rest. We travel so much and have so much going on that it is hard to take a minute to eat right, sleep well, etc, and so it was good to have some time to catch our breath this weekend knowing that we are going back to Tupã again this week to do divisions again with the other companionship that lives and works there as well. Should be great!
 
This week another miracle happened! THE LORD IS SO MERCIFUL! 

So, last week we were knocking doors and met a woman named C.- She accepted our invitation to come to church and she came last week! She was well greeted and treated by the members and really had a great experience- she was in the new members sunday school class and the topic was the word of wisdom- I ended up sharing my testimony about how grateful I was for this commandment. Afterwards she told me that her heart was touched by my sincerity and testimony.

Then we went to do our divisions in Tupã and the other sisters in our area went and taught her- they marked her baptism date and were so excited! 

Sister Pinheiro and I got back into the area on Friday and were exhausted but went to visit her for the first time as a companionship. C. was super great and told us that she is planning on moving herself, husband, and 11 year old daughter to the united states this upcoming year. we were excited and she and I talked a bunch about what her transition will be like and about how becoming a member of the church now would help her adjustment there in the states. We had a great conversation and she was soooo great and then we read with her in the Book of Mormon. We explained to her about Lehi's vision and she was amazed. She said that she already has a testimony that the Book of Mormon is true and is reading by herself. So awesome!! 

My companion shared the most sincere testimony of the Book of Mormon that I have seen her share during our two weeks together as companions and in all of the other times before that I have seen her teach- she even got emotional which really isnt like her--- then it was my turn.....I shared my testimony that I have NO DOUBT whatsoever that the Book of Mormon is the word of God- that it is the most true book that was ever written and that will ever be written- I talked about my experiences and difficulties and how the Book of Mormon has changed my life and the lives of those who I have served up until now---

C. with tears in her eyes thanked us for bringing her the truth-- she was so sweet and said, "for these last two weeks I have been praying so hard to find the truth- to find a church that would be the best fit for my family and that would leave me without doubts-- I was praying to know if going to the united states would be the best change for my family and I prayed that God would send me a sign; a messenger... I was looking for some sunshine to show me the way." We listened quietly and then she said to me, "when you came to my door that day last week, I first saw your smile and then your name tag- you invited me to visit the only true church and promised that I wouldn't regret my visit that it would bless my family to find the way back to God and then you took down my address and phone number and left," then she said, "I felt so strongly that you were that messenger..sent from God during a week that I was praying harder than ever for a sign-- then I saw your blonde hair, bright smile, and thought 'God is funny..He actually sent a ray of sunshine to my door!'" we all laughed and cried together!

I explained to her about how she had been the answer to my prayers! That I had been transfered during the middle of the transfer from an area and people that I loved and that it was hard for me to understand why God was doing this- transfers of this kind were rare or never as missionaries, but that I had just trusted that He knew why He had sent me to this area in the right timing-- and that hearing this was an answer to my pleads with the Lord to know why He had moved me again. I felt so strongly that the Lord knows me- that He loves us and that He knows better than we do- that my plans are nothing and so insignificant in the grand scheme of things. I was reminded to trust Him and to show gratitude in the difficult moments. SOOOO MERCIFUL-- I start to complain or to question and He is always here to tap me on the shoulder and said, "I havent given you any reason to doubt me before now- so just trust me! Oh ye of little faith..."
 
Love,
 
Sister Tyson


No comments:

Post a Comment