Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Mission Week 61: January 29, 2018

January 29, 2018

MY BIRTHDAY WAS WONDERFUL!!!

My companion and the other two sisters in my house made cake and made my bed with little gifts and notes. It was sweet- and they planned a big party for me at the district meeting that day- the elders all brought lots of soda and the sisters brought my cake and lots of snack foods- it was a surprise and they all sang to me-- so sweet! The entire zone was there and it was so precious! Especially because I am new to the zone!

Then my phone was ringing off the hook- missionaries from all of the mission and members were calling me to wish me a happy day! So many emails of love and cards too!

SISTER PEREIRA CALLED ME! It was so kind, she was so sweet and said that she had had my b-day marked in her phone for months and that she loves me like her true daughter and that she and Presidente love me and are proud of me. We talked for awhile and it made my heart happy to think that she would take the time to wish me a happy day! So sweet!

Then a ward member- Irma T. who is like the missionary mama here made me a yummy cake but I didn't know she was planning it and ended up traveling the night of my birthday to Marilia to do divisions and so I didn't get to eat cake at her house-- but I thanked her and felt happy!

MY B-DAY WAS SOOOOO HOT-- WE WERE SOOOO HOT AND THE SUN WAS KILLING US- BUT IT WAS SO HAPPY!

Then I traveled to Marilia- a city close to Bauru- and did my division with Sister Costa who was Sister Alston's companion in Bauru- the sister you guys met on that facetime call with Mateus' family-- it was sooo fun! Sister Costa will end  her mission this transfer and was super emotional saying goodbye to me... I know I can call her whenever but it was hard. shes a great sister and has always been a great friend to me! She even took me out to acai ice cream for my birthday during the division-- we found lots of great people and mark more baptisms in her area- it was lots of fun and lots of hard work. She is a great sister! We stayed with them in division for 2 days and then on Friday we went with them to their zone conference with Presidente in Marilia. 

Even though we already saw the conference in Marilia- we will have our zone conference here in Prudente tomorrow- should be a good day!

When we got home on Saturday we were exhausted but went to work in our area--- WE BAPTIZED THREE PEOPLE ON SATURDAY NIGHT! SOOOO WONDERFUL-- G. 10YRS OLD, J.A. 50, AND L. 18!!! GREAT PEOPLE THAT WE HAD FOUND LAST WEEK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment