Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Mission Week 37: August 14, 2017

August 14, 2017

This week was crazy---- let me explain what has happened....

The transfer ended two weeks ago and Sister Bott stayed- it would be her 4th transfer here in Bauru Centro, but the transfer had passed and she would stay...or so we thought... this Monday right now... we were just enjoying our pday like normal- when I wrote to you guys saying that we would be getting another sister, that was true, but the AP's called too soon without understanding Presidente's plans.

PRESIDENTE CALLED ME LATER AND TOLD ME THAT HE WAS CALLING ME TO TRAIN A SISTER FOR CURTO PRAZO- THIS MEANS THAT THE SISTER LIVES WITHIN THE BOUNDARIES OF OUR MISSION, AND WILL COME FOR 1 TRANSFER TO GIVE THE MISSION A TRY AND THEN SUBMIT HER PAPERS!!

HE EXPLAINED THAT SISTER BOTT WOULD BE HEADED TO CAMBE-- MY LAST AREA- TO HELP FINISH THE TRAINING OF ANOTHER SISTER AND THAT I WOULD TRAIN HERE IN BAURU CENTRO.
 
PRESIDENTE explained that he could not think of a better sister to get a future missionary excited to serve. He had planned to keep Sister Bott with me for one more transfer, but when he had received notice from this stake president that we would be receiving a sister de curto prazo (short term), he knew that he had to split our companionship and call me to train her. And it worked out to send Sister Bott to Cambe to finish the training of another sister there...Sister Bott is sooo ready!!! He talked about how great she was and how we were both ready for this....
MY MIND IS BLOWN... I KEEP TRYING TO HAVE FAITH THAT THE LORD TRULY QUALIFIES WHOM HE CALLS.... THIS IS NOT COMMON! USUALLY AMERICANS TRAIN WITH 1 YEAR IN THE MISSION.. FOLKS... I HIT 8 MONTHS LIKE 2 WEEKS AGO!! I FEEL SO INADEQUATE...BUT I AM TRYING TO BE THE BEST EXAMPLE THAT I CAN BE AND TRYING TO SHOW SISTER SILVA THAT THE MISSION IS FUN AND THAT WE CAN HAVE A BLAST AND BE OBEDIENT AT THE SAME TIME!!!
She is so sweet. she has been a member for two years and is from a city called Cianorte in Maringa, Paraná. she and her younger siblings are the only members in her family- she is learning super quickly and is already doing something that I can't teach her--- HOW TO HEAR AND FOLLOW THE SPIRIT. I am teaching her how she can recognize when the spirit talks to her, because she is still learning basic gospel principles, but she is flying!!!! It is funny cause the branch presidente in her area was my last zone leader in Tiradentes- Elder Teles!

 WE had stake conference yesterday and Elder Aidukaitis of the 70 was presiding because we got a new stake presidency here in Bauru... super cool!!!!!

Oh and Presidente & Siter Pereira came too! Super fun to see them!!!! My bishop went out of his way to talk to Presidente Pereira about me!! President Pereira said to me, "Sister Tyson, minha filha, the bishop of your ward really really likes you, he says you are getting everyone in the ward excited to help with the work- keep it up!"

Then, after the conference- the bishop and his wife -I ADORE THAT FAMILY--- told me about their conversation about me with Presidente Pereira.. they said they have never had as many members giving references or had this many people reactivated in all of the time they have served as leaders in the church- bishop has already served for years as a branch presidente, bishop twice, and stake presidente. they said, "everyone likes Sister Tyson, she is our sunshine here in Bauru!"

MY HEART IS BEAMING!!

R. AND V. HELPED ME FIND MORE SHOE INSERTS TO PROTECT MY FEET!! YAY!!!! BLISTER FREE FOR THE REST OF THE MISSION!
IT WAS HARD TO SEE SISTER BOTT GO--- THIS WEEK WAS HARD FOR ME!
R.i and V. and L. helped us get her off and we all cried like babies!! It was sooo hard-- then I stayed with R. and V. and L. to eat dinner at a restaurant - I taught a lesson in English to the server- and then they took us back to the bus station to pick up my new companion and then to eat the most incredible churros in the world!! Sooo great!!! They are the best people!! They really are my family here in Brazil! It reminds me of when it was just me, Allie, you and dad living together after I got home from college last year--- I adore these people!!! THEY HELP ME SOOO MUCH!

It's so kind to hear the sweet things that people will say- helps keep us going, but SERVICE IS NEVER ABOUT THE ACCOLADES! I AM SOOOO HAPPY TO JUST BE TRYING TO HELP IN ANY WAY THAT I CAN!

I AM DOING THIS BECAUSE I LOVE MY SAVIOR AND LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THESE PEOPLE!!! MOM, MY HEART CANT TAKE MUCH MORE!!!! I AM GOING TO BURST! I KNOW I ALWAYS SAY THAT...BUT ITS SOOO TRUE!

Mom, dad--- I don't know if I can come home..... my heart is bursting... I miss you guys more than anything, but my heart is planted here in Brazil- in every area, in every house of every member, active or not, investigator, and with every companion.... I can't even imagine the pain of taking this name tag off of my chest... the thought of it KILLS ME!!!
I AM SOOOO HAPPY- GENUINELY THE HAPPIEST I HAVE EVER BEEN IN MY LIFE- I am sooooo grateful.

Today, we will shop in Bauru and try to find a watch for Sister Silva- I am showing her all the good shoes and stuff to buy for when she heads to serve in her real mission...it will be fun!!

I love you guys more than anything and am sooo grateful for you guys!!! Thank you for your support and encouragement-- I am praying for you guys always and hope you know how truly happy I am to be here! I love the Lord and am seeing His hand everyday in my life- hope you guys are too!! Thank you for all of the mail too!!

xoxoxo!
 have a great week! tchau!
-Sister KALEE JAE  TYSON





No comments:

Post a Comment