Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Mission Week 38: August 21, 2017

August 21, 2017

We are teaching a little girl named N. and she is beyond precious! She is 9 years old and lives with her grandma, aunts, cousins, etc. We met her mom and have been teaching everyone in that house, but the mom recently left to live in a different city to take care of her uncle who is sick... N. is soooo special...she learns so fast and has so much faith. she has her own bible and is able to read and explain what she is reading to us and her gma!! ITS INCREDIBLE!

Sister Silva found N. in the street on Sister Silva's first day and we have been teaching ever since!!! N.'s grandma goes to a different church, but is always participating in the lessons. they live in a humble home...

BUT ANYWAYS...N. is special! This week we explained baptism to her and she said, "Sister Tyson, I want to be baptized like Jesus was baptized. Will you baptize me?" MIRACLE!!!!! We went to pick her up yesterday and walked her to visit the church for the first time. It was precious, we walked with her and she grabbed my hand and stayed holding my hand the whole rest of the time until we got to church. She is a chatty little thing and the members loved her!!! She was so cute and ran off to primary with the other little girls. I introduced her to some of the little girls her age who are always clinging to me during sacrament meeting (helping to build friendships) and she did great!!! 

I took her to the baptismal font to show her what it was like, and she said, "so you will go into the water to baptize me?" and I explained to her simply that another missionary- an elder- my friend, would go into the water with her, say a prayer, and baptize her because he has the permission from Jesus to baptize. She then asked why women cant baptize and I was so impressed by her question- then I explained that women have the special job to have babies and be mommies and that because Jesus is a man, he gave the special power to baptize only to men. But, I reassured her that I would be standing right up against the glass of the font, watching and encouraging her until she came out of the water and then I would help her get dried off and changed again for the after party! 

I knew she understood my explanation because she went around telling R. and other members that although she was disappointed that I couldn't baptize her, she understood that it was because I would be a mommy someday and that Jesus only gives authority to men!! hahahaha precious! She explained perfectly!!! soooo smart!!!
Sister Silva will invite N. to be baptized tonight!! First time she has invited someone to be baptized! and then I will get the baptism form filled out and work with the grandma. I was worried about baptizing this little girl without having anyone in her family being baptized too, because its hard for a little kid to stay active without the parents being involved, but I am teaching everyone in her family at the same time and will help them to overcome some addictions and build more faith after N. is baptized. I CAN NOT TELL HER THAT SHE IS NOT READY JUST BECAUSE HER GRANDMA/MOM AREN'T READY. She is ready to be baptize. I know that Heavenly Father knows that she has so much potential to be a huge leader in the church someday. N. was sweet too and kissed my face as she whispered, "Sister Tyson, I want to be a missionary like you someday." MY HEART MELTED INTO A PUDDLE FOLKS!!! THESE BRAZILIAN KIDS WRECK ME.... THEN IT GOT WORSE... her little 4 and 5 year old cousins said the closing prayer at our last lesson with them and they said, "Jesus, please bless our sisters that they can come back to us and that we can sleep good and be happy always," and they were on their knees and everything!! THEY SAID, "OUR SISTERS"... MY HEART CAN TAKE IT MUCH MORE! I CAN NEVER LEAVE THESE KIDS!!!!

The primary is already involved and I have a leader in the primary who is 19 and planning on serving a mission, that lives close to N. who has already agreed to pick her up each week and take her to church even after I get transferred- and she will pick her up for the primary activity this week!!! ORGANIZING FRIENDSHIPS AND GIVING THE WARD RESPONSIBILITY REALLY WORKS MIRACLES!
N. sat next to me during sacrament meeting and colored in my notebook-- I will send a picture of what she drew. She drew me with the Book of Mormon in my hands... we are teaching so many people about the Book of Mormon right now so it is hard to remember who is learning what and so I asked her, "have you already learned about the Book of Mormon?" and she said, "no, but you will teach me about it soon!" I LITERALLY WAS SO CHOKED UP. I HAVEN'T EVEN TAUGHT HER ABOUT THE BOOK OF MORMON YET, BUT IT IS ALWAYS WITH ME WHEN I TEACH HER AND SO SHE ALREADY KNOWS HOW IMPORTANT IT IS!!!! We happened to be talking about the importance of the Book of Mormon in Relief Society yesterday and I cried as I showed the women in my ward the picture and explained that even young children who have never been introduced to the Book of Mormon before can feel of its importance based on how we live our lives and study the Book of Mormon ourselves! So sweet!


In other news, as Sister Bott was leaving to Cambe (my last area), I told her that I had organized the area book for her to go and find and baptize all of those people that I had been teaching.

This week, the AP's called me and told me that they were going to do a conference call between me and Sister Bott because there was a little boy there who would not get baptized without talking to me on the phone!!! When I heard Sister Bott's voice, I burst into tears! lol!! She explained the situation and said, "Sister Tyson, everyone is here ready to baptize this kid, but he said that he has to talk to you first. Sister Tyson, you are our secret weapon in convincing this kid to be baptized tonight!" Then I talked to E. (the little boy)--- I WAS A WRECK! I talked to him about everything and about how important it was for him to be baptized. I promised him that he would be blessed and that the problems at home would get better if he would have the faith to be baptized. He kept telling me that he missed me and I told him that I love him so much!!! he said, "Tia (aunt), I will be baptized when you get here to watch it happen." 

E. was firm on his decision that he wouldn't be baptized without me being there...Sister Bott was disappointed but laughed and said, "Sister Tyson, everyone here (members and investigators) are cracking down, saying 'we want Tyson, we want Tyson!' I am starting to think that you did too good of a job over here...." hahaha

We will see what Presidente says..he wants baptism...and I will be baptizing here in Bauru this week (fingers crossed) but rumor has it that he might let me go back to Cambe for a day to baptize some of these people and come back...who knows... I would be more than happy to! We have our Zone Conference tomorrow so I will talk to Presidente then.

IT WAS SOOO GOOD TO TALK TO SITER BOTT!!! R. WAS WITH ME SO SHE ALSO TALKED TO SITER BOTT FOR A FEW MINUTES. SISTER BOTT KEPT SCREAMING AND SAYING, "YOU DID IT TYSON! YOU PREPARED ALL OF THESE PEOPLE AND NOW WE ARE GONNA FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED HERE!"

Oh and SHE BAPTIZED MY LONG TERM INVESTIGATOR N!!!!!! N. WAS SOOOO STUBBORN AND WE WENT THERE SO MANY TIMES, BUT FINALLY SHE WAS READY AND SISTER BOTT WENT AND BAPTIZED HER!
I am sooooo happy!!! We are all on the same team- it doesn't matter if we are planters or reapers, we are all here to build up the kingdom!!! My heart was at peace to know that I did my part to help set these people up and that I worked so hard there. The Lord is soooo merciful, and as hard as it is to be without Sister Bott and to miss seeing these baptisms of the people that I struggled and prayed so hard for, I AM EVEN MORE HAPPY TO HEAR THAT SISTER BOTT IS HAPPY AND SEEING THE BAPTISMS FLOODING IN!!!!! MY HEART IS THRILLED!

No comments:

Post a Comment